Thursday, November 2, 2023

October Reading Wrap Up 2023

On the personal side, October was a hard month with my son's surgery and ongoing recovery, and having had (and still have) bronchitis for the last two weeks. I had some reading duds, but overall I think I had a decent reading month. I read 22 books and DNFed 1. Click on the cover of the book if you are interested in the review.

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

 
 

(audio review)

4⭐⭐⭐⭐

 
 
 
 
 

3⭐⭐⭐

 
 

Updates on my reading challenges:

Goodreads: 198/175 (I was close to 150, so I upped my goal to 175)

Literary Escapes (States 2022): 50/50

2023 Read you Bookshelf Challenge: 10/12 

Christian Romance Reading Challenge 2023: 10/12

Bookish Books Book Challenge 2023: 9

Backlist Twenty-Three in 2023: 19/23

How did October go for you? Can you believe it is less than 2 months until Christmas?! 

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty good reading month, duds and all! I'm sorry you've had to deal with health problems. That's never fun. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both you and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cindy, I'm sorry to hear about you and your son's health concerns. Praying all will be well soon.
    Your list of books looks great. There are several I want to read!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbye! I hope you enjoy them when you get to them :)

      Delete
  3. 22 books is nothing to shrug about. You read a good variety too! I'm sending all my best wishes for both you and your son. We've had some health challenges in my family this year, so I know what a challenge it can be. Keep the faith, and everything will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great reading month! When you read 22 books, there is bound to be a dud or two 🙂. Sorry you have been dealing with some health issues this month. Praying you are both on your way to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen. I am now on meds and my son is healing well.

      Delete
  5. Here's hoping November is a much better month for everyone in your family! And
    I got my library to purchase Dedicated to the One I Love, so I'm looking forward to reading that one when it comes in; and I also want to read both Faking the Fall and Easy as Pie. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, YAY! I am so glad to hear that!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that y'all have been having some health issues. I hope y'all are doing better. I'll be praying for a better November. We've been sick off and on for the past month. This time of year is rough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, it is! I hope you are feeling better too!

      Delete
  7. Twenty-two books is DEFINITELY a great reading month. I am sorry you and your family have been hit hard with health troubles lately.

    ReplyDelete