Wednesday, September 6, 2023

August Reading Wrap-Up

August found me with more reading time...although the month still flew past.

I finished 21 books again in August and DNFed 4. Audio books really helped my numbers this month, as did a few short books. I am back to my average 😊. Click on the cover of the book if you want to read my review.

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

 
 

4⭐⭐⭐⭐

 
 
 
 
 

3⭐⭐⭐

 

Updates on my reading challenges:

Goodreads: 149/175 (I was close to 150, so I upped my goal to 175)

Literary Escapes (States 2022): 50/50-FINALLY completed!!

2023 Read you Bookshelf Challenge: 8/12 

Christian Romance Reading Challenge 2023: 8/12

Bookish Books Book Challenge 2023: 9

Backlist Twenty-Three in 2023: 15/23

How did August go for you? Can you believe we are going into the last quarter of the year?!

12 comments:

  1. Well one! And you remind me I need to reread The Phantom Tollbooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great month of reading! I'm eager to read Just Don't Fall and The Love Script, hopefully, soon. I just need to get my ARC pile down a little ways. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I understand that completely. I start slowing down on ARCs at this time of the year so I can better reach my other goals.

      Delete
  3. With so many 4- and 5-star books on your list I can see that August really was a good month of reading for you. The copy of Just Don't Fall that I put on hold at my library just came in, so I'm hoping to pick it up soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, it really was. Oh yay, I hope you LOVE Just Don't Fall!!!

      Delete
  4. You're rocking your challenges! I still have 11 states to go on my Literary Escapes challenge. It's taking me forever to finish it this year for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, my literary escapes was 2022, it took me HALF this year to finish the last 11, LOL!

      Delete
  5. The cover for Susie's really drew me in when it was released last year (or whenever it made the rounds) and I need to give another of Rachel Fordham's a chance. I read her debut (I think) and have this vague memory that I did enjoy it. Looks like you had a great reading month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, Susan's just came out this year :) I love Rachel's books!

      Delete