Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday-FALLing for reading

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is Books I Read/Avoided Because of the Hype (and did you make the right choice?) I tend to avoid books that are super hyped, for whatever reason that is a turn off to me. Sometimes I will end up reading a hyped book years later, but probably wouldn't have enough to make a list from. So, I am going to go with books that are great to read in the fall. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today.  

Ten-ish books that are great for reading in the fall: (click on the book cover if you want to see my review of the book)

The sweater weather series are loosely tied together by their cozy fall romcom vibe and take place in the same town, Harvest Hollow.

  
 
Jaime Jo Wright's books are haunting, atmospheric, tend to have ghost sightings, with hints of gothic vibes. They are all stand alone novels.
 
 
 
 
 
 
And just a few more fall covers...
Owen Bailey Needs Advice by Jen Atkinson is the second in the series and I binged the series in a few days!
Never Fall Again by Lynn Blackburn is the first in the series.
Love in Writing by Dana LeCheminant is also the second in the series, and another binge-worthy series for romcom lovers.

Sorry this post is only two genres, LOL! They were the easier ones to find.
 
What books would you have added to my list? What topic did you go with today? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.

11 comments:

  1. Wright’s books look interesting.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I'm hearing of Jaime Jo Wright - the work reminds me of the books of Simone St. James, so will look that up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie Sullivan's new book, Can't Help Falling in Love, would be a perfect addition to your post. It was a fun romantic read (100% closed door).

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/lets-hype-these-books-ten-books-deserving-more-hype/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Pam! I will look into it!

      Delete
  4. I have watched The Haunting of Bly Manor too many times I think. The covers for the Sweater Weather series are quite disturbing with none of the characters having actual faces based on my first sentence. I'm going to have to check out Jamie Jo Wright's books though I think. I hope you have a great week.

    Here's my TTT if you wish to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2024/09/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-bought-because.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard a lot of people complaining about the no faces thing, but it doesn't really bother me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Fun fall covers! I love the entire Sweater Weather series. And those Dana LeCheminant romances are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover on Love in Writing is my favorite. Beautiful fall trees!

    ReplyDelete